Re: [MirageOS-devel] Project setup with dune

  • To: Andrew J <andrewj25836@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 10:26:49 +0000
  • Cc: mirageos-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 10:27:01 +0000
On 29 Oct 2018, at 10:16, Andrew J <andrewj25836@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm starting a project with mirage to build a protocol server. I'm
> wondering if there is any way to use dune to handle the configuring and
> building since it can do tests and other things too.
>
> I guess this would be something similar to running the mirage configure
> then make commands but don't know if something like this exists for dune.
>
> I haven't used dune before, only just playing around with it now but
> would be great to be able to use it.
>
> If there are any other tips for setting up the project then I'd welcome
> them all!

Right now, `mirage configure` does need ocamlbuild, but I'm working on
some patches to support dune directly in a unikernel.  For now, the easiest
way to use Dune for the bulk of your development is to factor out your protocol
into a separate opam package that build/installs with Dune, and then
just invoke it from a thin ocamlbuild/mirage unikernel file.

regards,
Anil