Re: [MirageOS-devel] are mirage unikernels accessible via ssh?

  • To: mirageos-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Hannes Mehnert <hannes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2019 21:30:32 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 03 Nov 2019 20:30:59 +0000

Dear Ben,

On 28/10/2019 11:10, Ben Jakob wrote:
> I just wonder if mirage unikernels are accessible via ssh?

while there is a ssh server (https://github.com/haesbaert/awa-ssh)
developed in OCaml, to be used with MirageOS, the answer is no. The
unikernels I'm aware of don't even have a shell (neither a file system
or persistent storage), so it would be rather uninteresting to access
them via SSH.

> The older text materials primarily talk about mirageos when used on top.
> There you can read about conncting to dom0, but what happens then, how to
> connect to the instances?

May I ask what your actual intention is for connecting to an instance?

> Then the newer text seem to use mitageos more when built with solo5. Is it
> possible to connect to a solo5 microkernel? From what I know the mirageos
> project also contain the necessary ssh libraries, but I think there had to be
> some sort of ssh daemon running inside the unikernel?

The above mentioned ssh server can serve from within a MirageOS unikernel.

Hope to help,

Hannes