Re: How do I run hvt targets on qemu/kvm?

Hi Hans,

On Saturday, 24.10.2020 at 23:11, Hans Ole Rafaelsen wrote:
> Hi Hannes, Romain and Martin,
>
> Thanks for your replays. I think I have a better understanding now.
>
> My goal is to get a small application running on a OpenStack qemu/kvm
> cloud. I have posted in a previous post about problems getting things going
> above solo5. So I had a little hope that hvt might be an option. But it
> seems like I'll need to try some more with libvirt as target.

Libvirt is just an abstraction layer on top of some KVM/QEMU instance. Not
sure what you mean here.

> When creating images with solo5-virtio-image the raw image size becomes
> 1GB. This size is scrinked to almost the same size as the .virtio file when

The image size is somewhat arbitrary, and it's actually a sparse file on a
local filesystem, or at least should be.

> converted to Qcow2. Is there some way to set the raw image size when using
> the solo5-virtio-image command?

Not at the moment, but you can edit $SIZE, see the comments in
solo5-virtio-mkimage.sh. It'd be trivial to add both a) support for
producing QCOW2 directly, and b) an option to specify the image size.

Cheers,

Martin