Re: MirageOS on OpenStack problem

Ricardo,

> > Was able to reproduce it and now have a better idea of what's going on
> > (with a temporary fix included). The issue happens when using qemu with a
> > boot disk image exposed as a virtio-blk device. The problem is that solo5
> > tries to configure a virtio device that was already initialized/configured
> > at VM early boot time. Qemu gets "confused" with the second configuration
> > attempt, throws the "virtio: zero sized buffers are not allowed" error and
> > gets stuck (somewhere that I couldn't determine).

thanks for investigating! I've created an issue to track this, though I
don't expect to have time to look into it soon:

https://github.com/Solo5/solo5/issues/483

Hans, you might want to subscribe to that, I don't know your Github ID.

> Thanks for the patch. Now the image works at the OpenStack cloud I'm using.

In the mean time, you can work with Ricardo's patch; if you want to get
that working with a MirageOS application, then do something like (assuming
OPAM already set up):

1. git clone https://github.com/Solo5/solo5.git
2. apply Ricardo's workaround to solo5/
3. opam pin add -k path solo5-bindings-virtio solo5/
4. proceed as normal with building a Mirage application.

Hope this helps,

-mato