Beginner question about GPIO and mirage build process

Hi Everyone,

I was hoping to get some help / advice on two related issues.

1. I'm new to both OCaml and MirageOS and am trying to figure out how to access GPIO when targeting a unix backend. I've looked at all the tutorials and have a basic understanding of how mirage works, but couldn't find more in depth documentation on what's happening behind the scenes, or what the available configuration options are for. Does the unix backend have support for GPIO? Is there some documentation that I haven't found?  I'd appreciate some advice to better understanding mirageOS.

2. I'm not too familiar with the build system in both ocaml and mirageos, but I do know how to make a simple module package using dune. I'm trying to get a custom module working in mirage but it's unclear to tell the mirage toolchain about my custom module.

Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks in advance.

--
Michael.