MirageOS meeting (15/03/2023)

Here are the notes for the MirageOS meeting, we have organised the new date to 29/03/2023 (14h00 CET).

# MirageOS meeting (15/03/2023)

Participant: Pierre, Christiano, Romain

## Solo5 and TLS

- Hannes did a review
- Romain waiting a double check
- Romain asks about a protection (surround TLS zone with read-only segments)
- we copy .tdata to the heap
- Pierre and Christiano think that we don't need to protect such zone
- Christiano think that if it does not grow, we don't need to protect
- The calculation of the size needed by .tdata/.tbss is done at link time
- Romain will try to make a release as soon as possible
- Romain will try to fix issues pending on Solo5
- Pierre will change the `ocaml-solo5` according to the next release of Solo5
- Pierre said that we need to `malloc()` for each `pthread_create` but that's fine, currently we use only one "main" thread and no `pthread_create` (init can be done in `libc_init()`)

## unikernel dependencies

- Pierre: some issues about OCaml 5 and `opam-monorepo`
- Pierre: it will be nice to merge the PR in mirage which fix these issues

## opam monorepo / opam overlays

- Hard to talk and move forward about that

## MirageOS retreat

- Pierre will not be able to come
- Christiano can come
- Romain will try to come

## Unikraft meeting

- They asking to do a IRL meeting, Robur & Solo5 team got an email about that. The meeting will be in Aachen in Germany. The Robur/Solo5 team did not respond yet but for anyone from the MirageOS/core team, it will be great to come and exchange

## Delete PPX from the crypto stack

- Hannes did a huge work to delete PPX on the mirage-crypto and we are able to produce smaller unikernels
- Romain try to do the same on libraries but it's a time to time work

## Next meeting

- Next meeting 29/03/2023, 14h00

--
Romain Calascibetta - http://din.osau.re/