Re: [Publicity] [Xen-users] First go at Planet Xen ...

On lun, 2013-07-01 at 09:53 +0100, Lars Kurth wrote:
> > Is there an RSS link for the planet itself? I couldn't find one.
> No. I still need to set it up. Didn't get round to it yet.

I agree that would be useful... Let the list know when it's done. :-)

> > I think this would reduce the utility of the "planet", at least for
> me.
> > e.g. I wouldn't want to subscribe to an rss feed which contained
> this
> > sort of thing. I want to see actual content by people involved with
> or
> > related to the project.
> Agreed. In fact this occurred to me after I sent the mail. So I added
> that feed to http://xenproject.org/about/in-the-news.html

Yes, if possible, that would be a better place for that sort of content.

> There is another question: I had a request from a Brazilian community
> member (who writes a Portuguese language Xen blog). I am not sure what
> the feeling with regards to mixing languages is. We could set up
> different pages for different languages, but the question is whether
> we get enough feeds to be of use. Any views?

Not a strong one. FWIW, Fedora Planet allows for mixed language in the
main 'planet flow', and I fail to spot any way to
categorize/separate/filter/whatever posts by language.

http://planet.fedoraproject.org/

Personally, I don't think it's a big deal but, but I do find it a little
bit annoying, so, yes, I'd vote for some more language-wise separation,
if possible with small enough effort.

At the same time, I wouldn't reject content on "language grounds", if
it's sensible, of course.

So, perhaps accept if as an usual request (again, if sensible) for now,
and set up some language filtering machinery (again, if possible)?

That's my 2 cents...
Dario