Re: [Publicity] [FOSDEM-Devrooms] Xen Project Virtualization Dev Room Proposal for FOSDEM 14

Alasdair,

I will work something out with Itamar to share the load.

> Well, we have allocated 2 days along the lines you suggested, effectively combining the
> Virtualisation and OpenStack proposals and rejecting PAAS.
Can you clarify whether this means that Thierry's proposal is also included, i.e. have 3 proposals been merged? Mine, Thierry's and Itamar's?

So I guess the next step is to set up a CfP, combined description and decide who does what. Can we have an IRC sync up next week? Also, who will be at LinuxCon/CloudOpen EU? Maybe we can tie down all lose ends by then.

Also Rudolf Streif from the Linux Foundation had a great suggestion (see below). It is certainly true that this year virtualization is pushing into new areas reflecting what is happening in the Linux community at large: at least I am seeing activity in many different "embedded areas" (automotive, network gear, mobile, fault tolerance in space "exploration" applications, and others). I'd be happy to include this into a CfP and track description, unless somebody objects.

Maybe we can have a low level virt day and an IAAS day? Although we can leave the exact structure open and decide based on proposals coming in.

Regards
Lars