Re: [Publicity] Draft blog post on the ARINC653 scheduler

Hey Nate!

Sorry for coming back to this a bit late... So, first of all, what would
you think about trying to publish this ~ Wed next week?

On gio, 2013-12-05 at 14:02 -0500, Nate Studer wrote:
> On 12/4/2013 7:29 PM, Dario Faggioli wrote:

> I am not a WordPress expert by any means and I am having trouble getting them
> bigger without making them fuzzy.  If you have some tips, feel free to share.

Ok. I'm not an expert either, but I'll take a look...

> I updated some of the background information to give some example
> applications,
> and to better connect the background and development of ARINC653 to
> virtualization.

Saw it, and it sounds a lot better now. Thanks.

> I added a link to the above address, which should answer the question of what
> it
> has been used for.  Most of our current work is being done with the US
> military,
> and we have to jump through a lot of hoops before we say anything about it in
> public forum.  (It is easier to just say nothing.)

Ok.

> As to why we choose Xen, at the time, we choose Xen primarily because it was
> Open Source and it was running on multiple platforms (x86, PPC, ARM).  Since
> then KVM has added platforms and Xen has dropped some, so I guess we need to
> come up with some new reasons to differentiate between KVM and Xen.

Right. Well, I didn't even know that Xen has ever run on PPC! ;-P
Hopefully, with the ARM port, things are probably pretty much equal
(although, yes, I know that in embedded both PPC and x86_32 have their
share, and we're not there :-( ).

> Your comments are appreciated.

:-D

> My biggest concern is really to keep it to a readable size and to keep it from
> becoming too complex or esoteric, which is difficult when most Xen
> developers/users are not familiar with it.

Well, sure, I agree... I said it myself, at some point, that this is
something we really should avoid.

Ok, I think I'm fine with the current version of the post. Let's see if
anyone else has any other comments and, if not, how they like publishing
next week. :-)

Thanks a lot again for doing this,
Dario