Re: [Publicity] Xen 4.4 features for press release

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 03:41:21PM -0500, Sarah Conway wrote:
> Hi everyone.
>
> Thanks for the update on new features. It would be helpful if the group
> could provide some direction on the top 3-5 new features and benefits to
> users. Are there any new features that might be "first, best or only," for
> example, to highlight in more detail?
>
> Also is there an increase in bug fixes and/or contributions from new
> companies or individuals? This would help support that the Xen community is
> growing and diversifying. I know Lars is working on getting an Oracle
> quote.

In regards to 'Oracle quote'  - Wim suggested that it be off on Oracle's Linux
blog post so that is where it will end up. It will be posted the moment
Linus pulls the patches for PVH support.

I can also post it on the Xen blog if that would make it easier.

> It's often useful to provide some context around what's driving some of
> these new features/updates to help illustrate how 4.4 might be deployed and
> of value to customers (ie. use cases, customer scenarios, etc.). Also, is
> there a user we could quote who is looking forward to the next release?

Peformance is the big one. Let me make sure to point that out in the
PVH one. Thanks for that - I didn't even think to say _why_ we did the
work.