Re: [Publicity] Blog Czar update, week of February 10

On ven, 2014-02-14 at 09:20 -0500, Sarah Conway wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi Sarah,

> Not sure if a 4.4 blog is in the works, but given that we are getting
> close to our PR launch, I'd suggest that we hold on blogs promoting
> 4.4 features at this point. I know there is public information online
> on 4.4 features, the latest RC, etc., but too much exposure can take
> the wind out of our formal press launch. Some reporters might consider
> it leaking the news ahead of time. Of course, OS savvy reporters can
> easily find the product roadmap and some deeply technical sites have
> even tracked 4.4 (ie. Phoronix) progress. But, in general, it's a good
> practice to save our 4.4 blogs for our launch at this point.

Yeah, I see what you mean, and honestly, I had not thought at it that
way, so thanks for pointing this out.

Still, what I meant, was more something about the timing, a summary on
what RC we've had up to know and how they went, perhaps some general
mentioning on what is holding the release, etc.... Something that could
set expectations without giving away too much of the content, to save it
for official announcement as you were saying.

Quite frankly, although I honestly think all I just said, it was also
trying to suggest something quick and easy to write, to have something
on the blog this week! :-P

Anyway, again, I totally agree with what you say. Just to clarify, if
George manage to get out the post on PoD (next week, at this point, I
guess?), that's definitely not a 4.4 new feature, so it should be fine.

Thanks and Regards,
Dario