Re: [Publicity] Xen 4.4 features for press release

On 16/12/2013 13:57, Stefano Stabellini wrote:

Stefano,
this list is still to technical for a press release.

* ARM/multiboot booting protocol design and implementation in Xen and U-boot
* PSCI support in Xen
How about:
improved boot and firmware support: Xen 4.4 now supports ARM multiboot, U-Boot and Power State Coordination Interface (PSCI)
BTW, which PSCI version do we support?

Some things which spring to mind:
      * We now generate guest device trees automatically, instead of
        requiring the user to supply one.
      * Our host DTB handling is much improved. It is not generally
        necessary to have the DTB for Xen any more
We will not spell these out and just add "usability improvements" alongside "stability and performance updates"

* Safe DMA in Dom0 even with no hardware IOMMUs
What does this actually imply and mean?