Re: [Publicity] Media Opp: Sean Michael Kerner - Xen Project 4.4

Q3:

Xen has an ParaVirtualization mode (PV) for guest wherein there are no emulated
devices present. It eliminates extra overhead and minimizes the attack vector.
The PVH takes PV mode and instead of the hypervisor doing most of the kernel
bookkeeping the hardware extensions (EPT, NPT) take care of it. The end result
is that the overhead of doing this in an HVM (Hardware Virtual Machine)
container is much lower providing lower latency and higher throughput for
guests.

Q1: ARM had been marked as experimental and now that it is a stable support
along with a set in stone ABI. This means that going forward kernels are
guaranteed that the communication to the hypervisor will be supported in this
fashion for years to come.

Q2: The event channel changes (also known as FIFO events) revamp how events
(aka interrupts but much more lightweight) are delivered and processed. The end
result is that we can easily launch thousands (and more) of guests on one host.
That translates to higher density with faster response time.

Q6: Xen 4.5 yes and the bugfix branches of Xen 4.4.x, Xen 4.3.x and Xen 4.2.x.

Q5:Â Put more pressure to make the release on time and with more community
helping in testing and reporting bugs.