Re: [Publicity] [blog DRAFT] How fast is Xen on ARM, really?

On 23 May 2014, at 17:27, Stefano Stabellini <stefano.stabellini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>> The postgres benchmark left me wondering why x86 is so much faster -- is
>> that because it just had a better disk?
>
> I don't think that results such as 0.4% or 0.1% are very significant.
> As I wrote in the article, the overhead is so low in the disk benchmarks
> that they only manage to demonstrate that one needs a fast SSD to really
> show the virtualization overhead.

you should generally scale the Y axis so that the threshold of significance
is obvious to the reader.  In this case, it's at 0.8 (0.8 what? percent?
relative to?)

If it's not a significant result, then also explain that somewhere in the text
so the reader knows the implication.  But it's better to fix the graph itself
so that it's self-evident...

-a