Re: [Publicity] Virt devroom at FOSDEM? (Deadline MONDAY 15 September)

Here it is: it probably would need to be updated to include docker, ovirt,
CentOS Virt SIG, Š
I did send this to Joe Brockmeier from RedHat who volunteered to put
together a joint proposal for misc projects. If I don¹t get tomorrow, I
suggest we make a separate submission. Any
feedback/suggestions/additions/Š Would be very welcome
Regards
Lars

Devroom name: Virtualization Dev Room

common components (e.g. QEMU, Linux kernel drivers, PVOPS, ...) and common
challenges (e.g. UEFI and secure boot, NUMA, new architectures such as
ARM - lots of new challenges around UEFI, ACPI, etc. ...). We are aiming
to host a
virtualization related development room that allows virtualization related
projects to
come together and provide a meeting point where developers of these
projects can meet
to reinforce their cooperation.

Project URLs
- http://xen.org <http://xen.org/>
- http://www.linux-kvm.org <http://www.linux-kvm.org/>
- http://qemu.org <http://qemu.org/>
- http://linaro.org <http://linaro.org/>
- http://tianocore.sourceforge.net <http://tianocore.sourceforge.net/>

Preferred day: No preference

Further information:
* I was planning to make a joint submission with some other projects,
 but I am not sure whether this collaborative submission will be made in
time
* I believe there is a need at the moment to discuss some of the more lower
 level issues developer-to-developer that are close to the hardware and
kernel
 compared to previous years
* Last year, several virt and cloud related rooms were merged, which was
good
 for exposure and connecting to the user base, but not so good for actual
 dev-to-dev collaboration and problem solving