Re: [Publicity] More XSA 108 Coverage

On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 11:14 PM, Sarah Conway <sconway@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi everyone.

In addition to eWeek, WSJ and ITNews, here is more coverage appearing since the advisory and blogs were issued this week.

Thanks,

Well done handling it on all levels. I blogged about it as well:

This is classical KSplice, I hope it will get into Xen
Are Google's even lower prices -- and not using Xen -- tantalizing enough to switch to its services? Are the costs low enough to warrant a migration? Do you use Google Apps for Work, or Education? Let us know in the comments.

Serious hypervisor bug fix causes unexpected cloud downtime
http://threatpost.com/serious-hypervisor-bug-fix-causes-unexpected-cloud-downtime/108660

(reporter we "talked" to on Twitter)

CoreOS commentary on XSA-108

The Shellshock vulnerability and the even more recent Xen hypervisor vulnerability remind us of an important fact of enterprise IT: server OS patching is hard

CoreOS is trying to simplify OS patching. According to CoreOS CEO Alex Polvi, who was a guest on a recent Cloudcast podcast, CoreOS can solve patching headaches. The long-term value proposition of the CoreOS primary product of the same name is to bring Google Chrome-like updates to server updates.

--
Sarah Conway
PR Manager