[Publicity] Fwd: Xen project stand submission for FOSDEM 2015

Begin forwarded message:

From: Lars Kurth <lars.kurth.xen@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Xen project stand submission for FOSDEM 2015
Date: 17 November 2014 10:44:41 GMT

Project name: Xen Project

Stand description:  This will be a stand for the Xen Project, a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project that develops the following virtualisation and cloud related technologies: Xen Project hypervisor (ARM and x86), Mirage OS, Embedded and Automotive PV drivers for Android, QNX and other OS'es, PV drivers for Windows, etc. We will hand out swag with Xen Project logos/mascots. We will give demos with a laptop, explain how to engage with the community, etc. We will have a background pop-up with the project mascot.

Project URLs:
http://xenproject.org/ the following links are accessible from the main site
http://wiki.xenproject.org <http://wiki.xenproject.org/>
http://blog.xenproject.org/
http://lists.xenproject.org/

Your name and relation to the project: Lars Kurth, Community Manager of the Xen Project and Chairman of the Xen Project Advisory Board

Why should FOSDEM accept this proposal?

A little more than a year ago, the Xen Project became a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project. Since then, the project has built bridges to many other projects such as QEMU, the Linux Automotive Working Group, XenServer.org, OpenDayLight, Ceph, Android and many others. It has also built bridges with Linux Distros such as CentOS, OpenSuse, ... and the BSD Distros. The project expanded into new areas, such as embedded and automotive and grew it's contributor base by more than 30%.

In 2013 & 2014, we had a booth at FOSDEM that was volunteer/community staffed and very well attended. Unlike some of the other stands, there was always presence by volunteers and plenty of activity at our stand. We also invited other projects which have a relationship with Xen to give demos (OSv, MirageOS, Qubes, Xen Orchestra...) of open source technology that works with and on top of Xen. We hope to build further bridges at FOSDEM and act as a hub of collaborative activity at FOSDEM next year.