Re: [Publicity] [Xen-devel] The Bitdefender virtual machine introspection library is now on GitHub

  • To: Sarah Conway <sconway@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Razvan Cojocaru <rcojocaru@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 00:05:52 +0300
  • Cc: Lars Kurth <lars.kurth.xen@xxxxxxxxx>, Lars Kurth <lars.kurth@xxxxxxxxxx>, mdontu <mdontu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Tamas K Lengyel <tamas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "publicity@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <publicity@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Comment: DomainKeys? See http://domainkeys.sourceforge.net/
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 21:06:03 +0000
  • Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=default; d=bitdefender.com; b=TzoPo22nAUFe1vSvtR2aOTr5HfIUfsJ2Wq8sz4dsibpSObitBCJb5pahXrFws/F5t2lp8wKimgDjyYee9v9+yfLJW+mauyvZyhZwp/Fk1944rQQeLbCgCHana+leesL7naOC2IuijzaOfuginHi5Cz3NlZL/1hFoeCpSkl9kGRWKH7GPNhoTEbUDiSwBFwzmnmXxXLpvM76NTmwpyD3Cu3SgVTLsoYCfKx41JkhmhM/LXLr9PSyQxNL4Udv4YBtFdeWIs7Ac56CYV+a8m6EFs1tK5a4kvnTIwD2DCVDTZoXMMZljIQ8TN6tcy9tyepuiGbSVRbyRrYA7R9NQLwYwRA==; h=Received:Received:Received:Received:Received:From:Subject:To:References:Cc:Message-ID:Date:User-Agent:MIME-Version:In-Reply-To:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-BitDefender-Scanner:X-BitDefender-Spam:X-BitDefender-SpamStamp:X-BitDefender-CF-Stamp;

On 07/30/2015 09:36 PM, Sarah Conway wrote:
> I think this blog would benefit from a bigger picture / simplified
> explanation on how this will improve the security of Xen, which is a hot
> topic for many reporters.
>
> Maybe pull out some of the main points/conclusions raised in
> "Zero-Footprint Guest Memory Introspection from Xen - Mihai Dontu,
> Bitdefender and Ravi Sahita, Intel" instead of just linking to the PPT.
>
> Touch on security threats we face today, how/why advanced attacks evade
> traditional security solutions, summary of memory introspection (its
> benefits), where Xen is today with hardware enforced isolation providing
> Xen with much improved security, what 4.6 will deliver.

Sorry, just tried to refrain from being more verbose than strictly
necessary. Hopefully I've now managed to strike the right balance with
the content, please check the latest draft at your convenience.

Thank you for your feedback,
Razvan