Re: [Publicity] Blog post: Xen Project 4.7 Planning Opens

On 10 Nov 2015, at 16:11, Sarah Conway <sconway@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I made a few small copy edits. I was not able to open any of the links or view the slides, so please double-check that.
Odd, they all work for me

A few comments:
- I would delete this sentence:  Some might be wondering what took me so long to write the announcement email and this blog post.
I will leave this up to Wei. It's his personal style. If this was picked up, it's a nice harmless trap quote they can focus on.

- Do you see any negatives stemming from continue to make release cycles shorter and more predictable? If so, can we address them head on? Or alternatively, expand more on the benefits of shorter, more predictable release cycles, draw comparisons to other OS projects that are following this trend.
No negatives. I am not sure whether it's worthwhile doing this, but Ubuntu and OpenStack run 6 months cycles

- I looked over the slides and it seems like you are a lot more strict on what can be added during the RC part of the cycle. Am I mistaken here or was there a reasoning behind it?
The reasoning was, that there was a lot of arguing over freeze exceptions. In particular, because some vendors promised customers features in 4.6 - not all of which made it. Part of the rationale for shorter cycles is that the customer impact of a missing a release will be less severe.

- For those that are interested in joining, list the email, mailing list to use.
I added a link

Lars