Re: [Publicity] Draft announcement about download location change

> Odd that from my phone all the xensource links yield "File not found". Is that expected behavior?
Yes, I think that's how Akamai works. You have to have a valid URL to a file
Lars

From: Russ Pavlicek <russell.pavlicek.xen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, 13 April 2017 13:32
To: Lars Kurth <lars.kurth.xen@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "publicity@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <publicity@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Julien Grall <julien.grall@xxxxxxx>, Ian Jackson <Ian.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Publicity] Draft announcement about download location change

Announcement aside, you might want to place a README.txt on the xensource site telling people where to go (that doesn't sound quite right, but I think you get my intent).

Odd that from my phone all the xensource links yield "File not found". Is that expected behavior?

-- The ghost of Christmas Past

On Apr 13, 2017 7:51 AM, "Lars Kurth" <lars.kurth.xen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This is fine with me, minor suggestions
Lars

> On 13 Apr 2017, at 11:44, Ian Jackson <ian.jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> To: xen-announce@lists.xenproject.org
> Subject: Download server change for Xen releases

I would say
Subject: Download server change for Xen releases (new Xen downloads no longer available from bits.xensource.com)

> FCC: ~/mail/Outbound
> --text follows this line--
> The official way to get the Xen hypervisor and other Xen Project
> downloads is via the the https://www.xenproject.org/ website.
> If you get Xen via the links on the website, you do not need to read
> the rest of this message.
>
> We are aware that some users have been visiting the download server
> directly.  That download server is changing.
>
> In the past, the Xen Project has hosted its releases on space kindly
> provided on bits.xensource.com by Citrix (and, previously, XenSource).

Maybe add:
For some time now, we have in parallel made available downloads on Xen Project servers at https://downloads.xenproject.org

http://bits.xensource.com/oss-xen/release/