From: Wg-openstack [mailto:wg-openstack-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Anthony PERARD
Sent: 20 October 2016 17:44
To: wg-openstack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Wg-openstack] XenProject OpenStack CI loop failure investigation

Hi,

I've looked at recent job failure yesterday (5 jobs), and they all have the
same test failed:
tempest.scenario.test_volume_boot_pattern.TestVolumeBootPatternV2.test_volume_boot_pattern

and the reason that tempest give is:
tempest.lib.exceptions.SSHTimeout: Connection to the 172.24.5.1 via SSH timed
out

link to those logs:
http://logs.openstack.xenproject.org/98/282398/15/check/dsvm-tempest-xen/cbe660e/
http://logs.openstack.xenproject.org/15/386915/3/check/dsvm-tempest-xen/8dd1c6a/
http://logs.openstack.xenproject.org/70/367470/11/check/dsvm-tempest-xen/0029a96/
http://logs.openstack.xenproject.org/74/385074/4/check/dsvm-tempest-xen/c0a396e/
http://logs.openstack.xenproject.org/47/376547/5/check/dsvm-tempest-xen/056f21d/

This test boot from a volume, and this volume is via iSCSI.

Looking into logs/syslog.txt.gz, there are few lines that make me thing iSCSI
is the issue:
kernel: [ 6526.368075]  connection23:0: ping timeout of 5 secs expired, recv
timeout 5, last rx 4296521382, last ping 4296522634, now 429652
kernel: [ 6526.368191]  connection23:0: detected conn error (1022)
iscsid: Kernel reported iSCSI connection 23:0 error (1022 - Invalid or unknown
error code) state (3)
iscsid: connection23:0 is operational after recovery (1 attempts)

but that appear to be for another tests, which have succeded.

So, I don't know why the test fail, and why the guest appear to be unresponsive.

--
Anthony PERARD