[Wg-openstack] Minutes of Nov 16 OpenStack WG meeting

== Attendees ==
Lars (Citrix)
Joao (Oracle)
Jim (Suse)
Anthony (Citrix)
Michael (Oracle)

== Agenda ==
=== Lars: AB Update (Funding) ===
* Collating priorities from Advisory Board members
* OpenStack CI loop is in top 2 or 3 priorities
* Expect no issues continuing the CI Loop in 2017

=== Anthony: Networking + Update ===
* CI Loop more stable, with the networking test being disabled
* Works better, but there are still issues

* Tested CI loop with neutron (only once) and it seemed to work fine
  - Configure such that we run against both and see how it goes
  - If results are comparable;e then switch over
  - Warn IRC channel, that we are explaining to this

* OpenStack/Tempest tested on OSSTEST : that is progressing
  - Right now testing PV only
  - ACTION: Anthony send link to patch in response to this mail

* NIC name issue has not yet been resolved
  - Ian Jackson and Xen maintainers are happy with some Xen workaround
  - This is now blocked because Jim/Joao were not sure whether Xen is the best
    place to fix this
  - Jim: Out of ideas on this problem
  - Jim: One solution would be for OpenStack to say what interface it wants
    and for Xen to not expose the one asked for only. Issue, if asked for PV
    and there are no drivers, which makes this fall over. QEMU doesn't have
    this issue.
  - Michael: Network boot issue is the only one. Maybe then the bulk of the
    issue for the use-case goes away. If we can address that we can meet the
    80-20 rule.
  - Jim: in some cases guests may not have drivers
  - Michael: that is probably manageable as attributes can be assigned to

ACTION: Jim to make problem statement with some ideas and start a discussion.
Could dig through some launchpad issue.

Joao: Does CI loop test Switch CI guess: NO

=== Joao: Summary on what's enabled (past ACTION) ===
What is the CI testing coverage in Xen Project CI?

Have quick summary of skipped tested from a libvirt perspective

From 1300 tests we have 68 skipped tests. 30 of of the 68 are because some components are disabled, such as neutron - some don't make sense for Xen. 14 disabled because of OpenStack related bugs. 23 issues which more libvirt related (e.g. live migration not tested, ...).

For some, we don't have setup issues (e.g. not enough density).

There are a few, which Joao didn't understand.

ACTION: Joao to send out details

In OpenStack, they are using the latest stock Ubuntu LTS.
Antony has already a switch to enable an easy switch for the libvirt version.

=== Michael: No topics ===

=== AOB ==
Lars is on a plane and can't chair the meeting on Dec 14
Michael is out as well
**Cancel December meeting**