Re: [Wg-test-framework] Minutes from Thursday 13th November

No problem, sorry to have missed your joining!

Chris

From: wg-test-framework-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wg-test-framework-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Marcos E. Matsunaga
Sent: 13 November 2014 17:17
To: wg-test-framework@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Wg-test-framework] Minutes from Thursday 13th November

Sorry Chris,

I joined a little late and didn't announce myself as you guys were discussing the HW/Location.

On 11/13/2014 11:12 AM, Chris Shepherd wrote:

Attendees

* Don Slutz (Verizon)

* Aravind Gopalakrishnan (AMD)

* Don D Dugger (Intel)

* Ian Jackson (Citrix)

* Chris Shepherd (Citrix)

* Lars Kurth (Citrix)

Apologies:

* Marcos Matsunaga (Oracle)

== Actions==

Action: DonS to turn Ian’s sketch into a concrete project schedule (relative to the day the hardware arrives).

== Colo==

AllNet has ordered all the machines. They arrive w/c 24th November. We expect all to be setup within 1st 2 weeks December. We still do not have a good project plan. DonS and Don Cook will share the admin responsibility, and will do the primary installation and setup the VMs. DonS can work 1d per week full time on this – original estimate was 2w full-time effort for the setup. DonS commits to do this. Ian should talk to DonS ref technical details, will go via emails to ensure written record of the settings, numbers etc. There is already a document (sketch) on the git repo circulated  by Ian via the WG mailing list – should use this as a shared resource to define what we want.

Action: DonS to turn Ian’s sketch into a concrete project plan relative to the day the hardware arrives.

Ian: expects there will be lots of questions that arise from this, and that DonS should email him to get answers. Let’s use the WG list for this, unless it becomes a problem (too much traffic).

Ian: there have been some issues communicating clearly with Paul, he appears a little disorganised, and is not very responsive to emails! DonS will help make him more responsive.

==Future==

Don: Qemu project has started building an automated patch tester.

Ian: Will look into this to see if anything we can reuse or learn from in future.

Lars: Do we expect any hw growth on 2015? And if yes, what are the incremental colo impacts?  Needs guidance on how much extra hardware we need so he can put it into budget. There are two more board meetings this year. Lars suggests submitting draft budget in December for approval in Jan/Feb.

Lars: ARM hardware coming out next year, so might want AMD and Cavium servers.

Ian: Might get some loaners and/or buy off the shelf, though noting some of this is very expensive kit being 2u/4u.

Ian: Will want additional Intel kit, should budget for 1 more rack’s worth. So we’d want at least as much budget again as we spent in 2014 (~$65k).

Lars: will submit initial request for ~$70k and negotiate from there.

Ian: Once colo set up there is no reason why we couldn’t start incrementally adding hardware to it straight away.

Lars: Confirmed, subject to approval and funds being released.

Aravind: find out productization details for AMD servers to help us work out budget.

Regards,

Marcos Eduardo Matsunaga

Oracle USA
Linux Engineering

“The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not
necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation.”