[Wg-test-framework] MSI bios serial access issue (Re: Minutes from today's Xen Project - Allnet Meeting ( Feb 11 2015))

Lars Kurth writes ("Minutes from today's Xen Project - Allnet Meeting ( Feb 11
2015)"):
> = Loose ends =
> * Machine with MSI image
> Ian: will carry on with the rest of the set-up until the MSI issue
> is fixed

> Paul: suspects that the board is a workstation board instead of a
> server board, which may be the root of the issue
>
> What are we going to do if we canât resolve the issue
> George: suggested to get a new mother board to fit the new chips
> Ian: AMD was keen on this particular chipset
>
> Agreement: set a deadline â end of Feb â by which we come up with a
> plan B, if this issue canât be resolved. Obviously this needs to be
> approved by the whole WG.

So:

AMD, can you help resolve this ?  This issue has been outstanding for
a long time now without any apparent progress.

If we can't get it resolved within the next week or two we intend, as
Lars says, to substitute a different motherboard if possible.  If
that's not possible the machine may not be useable at all.