[Wg-test-framework] Status Update 3-7-15

Ian,

We are still working on connection problems.  We spent time installing an OS on the Systems Don indicated.

We have a problem with a few adaptors.  I spent time today trying to nail down what the problem was.  I think I came up with a way to test them.

Using my CAT5 cable analyzer , a male to male coupler and 2 adaptors wit Cat5 Patch cables I should be able to test the cables and adaptors end to end.

We eliminated the Comtrol ports, patch cables and Serial Ports.  I might be a few pins that are damaged in the Adaptors.

I checked the BIOS on the Lenovo server in question and Don is correct I cannot find any reference to redirect the Serial port. I contacted Lenovo through my supplier and they are looking into a work around of a fix.  I am a Lenovo dealer and my supplier is a GOLD level distributor for Lenovo so we have valid connections to engineering.  I expect to hear back from them next week.

I ran out of Patch cables on Wednesday and had order more that arrived on Friday.  I am going to get the Male to Male adaptors this weekend so I will be be able to finish connecting up the ARM crate.  CubieTruck is done.  Arendale just needs the Serial Cables attached.  The Goal is to have it up and running Tuesday so you can start testing..

Paul L. George

President

hatecompPLG Enterprises, Inc.

All-Net Computer Solutions