[Wg-test-framework] Update from last night and meeting query

  • To: wg-test-framework@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Don Koch <don@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 08:21:35 -0400
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 12:21:51 +0000

I was asked by Ian to look at italia0 and the fiano machines.

Italia0 somehow had its power-on action set to "stay off." I changed it
back to "reset."

For whatever reason, italia1 was powered off at the PDU. I powered it
back on and it came up.

The fiano machine, as it turns out, are set up correctly. The wonky
looking output one gets on the serial console when powering it on
appears to be due to Supermicro's bizarre idea of what serial BIOS
support looks like (as noted, the PXXE boot messages come out fine). If
you hit the del key before the PXE boot messages come up, it will go
into the (readable) set up screen.

Since we have already moved to daylight savings time and I believe that
BST has not yet started, I'm assuming that the meeting will take place an
hour later here, i.e. same time in the UK, until after the 29 of March.
Is that a correct assumption?

-d