Re: [Wg-test-framework] Xen Project - AllNet Minutes from March 18th

On Wed, 2015-03-18 at 14:29 +0000, Lars Kurth wrote:

> === ARM Crate ===
>
> Paul: put in straight through cables
>
> Paul: Information from Ian as per last mail, these are working (was
> able to remotely to connect/power on-off to cubietrucks)
>
> Paul: Has not heard back whether Arndaleâs worked

> ACTION Ian C: ask Ian C to have a quick check re the ARM crate

The cabling all appears to be fine, 6/8 boards have successfully run a
commissioning flight, including all of the Arndales.

The other two (cubietruck-{braque,picasso}) seem to have Ethernet issues
but I believe this relates to the boards (or firmware etc) and not the
wiring since it also happened when the crate was in Cambridge.

I'm investigating those two, but 6/8 should be OK re ARM32 capacity for
a while (currently we have 2 arm nodes, albeit faster ones, in the
Cambridge-based test system).

> === Huxelrebe ===

> * IanC believes we could use VNC/ANT access instead of serial

It "AMT"

> * But we do not know whether this will work with OSSTEST â need IanJ

I don't think this needs IanJ. What needs confirmation is that while
VNC/AMT is in use the serial port remains available for use by the OS.
This just needs someone to enable VNC/AMT and then to boot Debian to
check if it can use the serial.