Re: [Wg-test-framework] Lenovo issue

On Fri, 17 Apr 2015 15:37:08 +0100
Ian Campbell wrote:

> On Fri, 2015-04-17 at 10:30 -0400, Don Koch wrote:
> > On Fri, 17 Apr 2015 09:08:18 -0400
> > Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > If you enter the AMT setup screen during the BIOS post (Ctrl-P I think?
> > > or Ctrl-M) does it show that it had acquired the DHCP address? Are all
> > > of those values proper?
> >
> > Not sure. It definitely has one after boot; so, I'd assume it would have
> > gotten one
> > as soon as it asked during power-on (same MAC addr.). It is set up for DHCP.
>
> Under the circumstances it would seem wise to check and be sure rather
> than assuming.
>
> Ian.

Went by the COLO this afternoon.

I think I have part of huxelrebe1's AMT issue sorted out. Looks like a
mixture of bad DHCP server entry and a rape-pillage-then-burn sequence
in setting it up: you have to unprovision the networking, re-enter all
the network settings (name, domain, etc.), then reenable networking.
If you want to make any changes to the network, you have to unprovision
it again which clears all your settings.

I'm now onto the issue of issuing the wsman commands to it. Same problem
that huxlerebe0 had. It was one of those "it didn't work" then all of a
sudden, "it did work."

As for DHCP service to these two, I assume we want to use the regular
dhcp server on infra, yes? Preferred IP addresses and names?

Right now, I have the AMT hostname on hux1 set to huxelrebe1a. It doesn't
like much longer names. I suspect a 12 character limit as I had tried
huxelrebe1amt and it complained when I tried to exit that screen. Infra's
dhcp server is handing it 172.16.144.250 per infra's hosts file.

So, progress, I guess.

I'll poke at it tonight and over the weekend. I'll be out running some
silly marathon on Monday (in the volunteer work sense, not the beating
my feet into bloody stumps sense).

-d