Re: [Wg-test-framework] Work at the COLO

On Thu, 7 May 2015 22:36:26 -0400
Paul L. George wrote:

> Ian,
>
> I was at the COLO tonight about 6:30PM DEST. I was moved the  cables from
> oseleta0/1 to Rinava0/1.  We wanted to test known good cables and ports to
> test rimava.  I check all the server front panels for "ON" light.
> Everything seemed to be power up.

Thanks to this swap, I think I found the problem.

Typical status line from sympathy (in this case, for huxelrebe0:
ttyRP19 115200b RTS CTS DTR DSR

Status line for rimava0:
ttyRP8 115200b RTS DTR

My interpretation is either a BIOS configuration problem or,
more likely, it needs a strait-through connector rather than
a null-modem like all the other machines.

> I have not heard back from Dell on our escalation yet except to have them
> ask for the Failure scenario.  I sent them Don's results and are awaiting
> their response.  A per request no one will visit the COLO until Monday.
>
> I brought the rimava cables back to the lab to test end to end with Serial
> loop back and picocom.

Won't hurt to test the cables, but it looks like you just need to
make (or get) a couple of strait-through adapters.

-d