[Wg-test-framework] Minutes from OpenStack WG meeting 9.6.2016

= Attendees =

Jim Fehlig

Michael Glasgow

Joao Martins

Anthony Perard

Bob Ball

= Agenda =

* Docs Improvements

* CI Loop: Monitoring and Backup

* AOB

* Fix libvirt as lower case

** Should we recommend to avoid file injection : there is no xen specific reason to avoid it

== Docs ==

See https://review.openstack.org/#/c/283721/

Lars: asked what "Needs Workflow" means

Bob: Another +2

There were a couple of comments (one on libvirt capitalization and on eon libfsguest)

* ACTION: Lars to wait for response from Christian Berendt and then fix extra capitalization

* ACTION: Lars to wait for 2 x 2+

== CI Loop ==

Bob put together a set of instructions for how to set up the CI : needs somone to test it

Created ticket with Credativ (our sysadmin contractor) to implement Monitoring, Backup & Test the setup instructions

Bob: Wants the CI sysadmin and ownership to be taken on by someone from Xen Project

Bob: I started this as a favour to get things started

Lars: Is this mainly a sysadmin job

Bob: Yes

Lars: In that case, we can probably have joint ownership between someone from the WG and Credativ

** Everyone agrees! **

ACTION: Anthony to see whether the setup is correct

ACTION: Lars get Credativ to take ownership and address montoring and backup

== AOB ==

Meetings

- Have few hot issues at the moment

- Keep meetings, but keep them short if there is nothing to discuss

** Everyone agrees! **

OpenStack Summit

- No Xen related talks that were accepted (Oracle talks didn't get accepted)

Hackathon:

- Lars / Joao / Anthony will be at Hackathon

- Bob / Jim and others have no plans so far

Libvirt

- Nothing new that is OpenStack specific yet, but work in progress

- Jim is working on general xen+libvirt related improvements : e.g. OVMS + Libvirt + Xen support

- Joao is tracking (e.g. some of it is involving CPU models, closely related to Andy Coopers work)

- Some of this will benefit OpenStack, but is not OpenStack specific

Lars: we should use this list to share information, in particular if we want to make noise about improvements within the OpenStack community