[Wg-test-framework] Support contract extension for Mass PDUs

(Lars, resending this with the right list address.)

We are having a difficulty with pdu1, one of our APC PDUs.  The
problem is with rimava0's port.  It looks similar, so far, to that
which previously affected rimava1's port on pdu2, and which resulted
in pdu2 being replaced under warranty.

I suspect that there is something about the rimavas which interacts
badly with something about some of the pdus.  Perhaps they have
unusually high startup current.  I have no evidence that anything has
started to go wrong with the replaced pdu2, so it might be that the
problem is actually faulty or underspecced relays in pdu1 and
old-pdu2.  Since it is the pdu that is failing, I propose to treat
that symptom.

On contacting APC I have discovered that pdu1 is out of warranty.  The
initial warranty is 2 years, and the manufacture dates are
  pdu1   09/11/2014   (model AP8641 s/n ZA1438012809)
  pdu2   02/02/2016   (model AP8641 s/n 5A1605E01841)

APC only do warranty extensions while the unit is still under warranty
(probably exactly to stop people in our position only buying the
warranty when we need it), so we are out of luck with pdu1.  This is
not currently a crisis, because we have plenty of spare ports.  I
intend to have rimava0 moved to a port on the in-warranty pdu2, and to
write off the now-dodgy port on pdu1.

Nevertheless, PDUs are expensive.  We make heavy use of them (our
usage pattern has an unusually high switching frequency, compared to
most installations) so we can expect a higher than usual failure rate.
Accordingly IMO we should renew the warranty on pdu2 while we still
can.

I have acquired a quote, attached.  It's $183.61 (per year).

(For comparison, the bod I spoke to on the phone says that a new PDU
is about $1500, which is what we would be looking at if we eventually
ran out of working ports, or something else went wrong.)

Lars, can we please make this happen ?  Do we need approval for this
as a recurring budget item ?  Note that the new rack will have a
further two PDUs so we'll be paying $550 or so annually in total.

Thanks,
Ian.

--- Begin Message ---

Thank you for your interest in APC products. Attached you will find an APC quote, which includes total price for the specific unit/s that you have enquired about.

If you have any further questions, or would like to place an order, please contact me directly.

Please Note: Pricing and Availability subject to change without notice. Quote created on:05 Apr 2017 12:22:44 EDT.

Kind Regards
Edgar Acosta Jr
APC US Store
webcommerce.support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
800-800-4272

SKU Description ITEM PRICE QTY ITEM TOTAL
Service Pack 1 Year Warranty Extension for Accessories

SKU : WBEXTWAR1YR-AC-04

Service Pack 1 Year Warranty Extension for Accessories $169.99
1 $169.99
Items Total: $169.99
Shipping / Handling: : $3.00
Tax : $10.62
Total : $183.61

Notes by Agent :

All terms and pricing on this Quote are subject to change without notice. For reseller orders shipping, handling, & tax will be determined by fulfillment partner at time of shipment.

Click here to go to the APC ecommerce site.

Payment options:
Credit Card
Placing your order with a Credit Card will ensure that your order is sent immediately to our shipping department for fulfillment.

--- End Message ---