Re: [Wg-test-framework] [SoftIron, Inc.] Re: Random reboot failure on Softiron overdrive 3000

On 27/07/17 20:41, Alan Ott (SoftIron, Inc.) wrote:
##- Please type your reply above this line -##

Your request (809) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply
to this email.

Alan Ott

*Alan Ott* (SoftIron, Inc.)

Jul 27, 12:41 PDT

Hi Alan,

Hi Julien, Sorry this ticket fell through the cracks for so long. I was
just assigned it today.

My understanding is that there is a bug in the closed-source AMD SCP
firmware which prevents reliable reboot. I do not believe this to have
anything to do with EDK2. Feel free to try it out, but the problem as I
know it is in the AMD SCP firmware. I could always be wrong, but unless
this was fixed very recently, edk2 still has the issue.

We do not have an updated version of the AMI firmware.

Have you tried the edk2 firmware on that box, and does it work?

At the moment, the two softiron we have are dead (see ticket 837) so we cannot do testing.

However, is there any plan for Sotfiron to fix officially this bug? This is a rather annoying one as we have random failure in testing and losing nearly a day every time...

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall