Re: [win-pv-devel] winpv: Question about "Add registry setting for removable capability of PDOs" patch and other questions

It only affects the removability of the class PDOs created by xenbus, it won't
affect any other devices.

> About these new windows pv drivers are there news about when will be
> available official builds?

I actually got infrastructure last week; it took ages for the admins to give me
some space to host build output. Now, I need to sanity check the latest builds
and get them linked on the project front page.

> Keep looking xen-devel seems that recent pv drivers features require
> these patches still not upstream:
> - x86/hvm: Extend HVM cpuid leaf with vcpu id
> - x86/hvm: Add per-vcpu evtchn upcalls
> Is this correct? For now I build my xen-unstable builds that I use also
> for tests new pv drivers with them.

No, these patches are not required; the drivers should still function without
them. Those patches enable use of the FIFO event channel ABI though, so
performance should be better with them applied.

  Paul