[win-pv-devel] Upcalls not enabled on a processor

Hi,

I've been testing the full pvdrivers package under Qubes and I see
this problem happening sometimes. It seems that xenvif waits forever
for backend state to change. Debug output seems to suggest that
something else is the real cause of the problem and xenvif is just the
first victim:

XENVIF|FrontendAcquireBackend: =====>
XENVIF|FrontendWaitForBackendXenbusStateChange:
/local/domain/2/backend/vif/14/0: ====> Unknown
XENBUS|StoreProcessWatchEvent: 55b5
(/local/domain/2/backend/vif/14/0/state)
XENVIF|FrontendWaitForBackendXenbusStateChange:
/local/domain/2/backend/vif/14/0: <==== (Closed)
XENVIF|FrontendSetXenbusState: device/vif/0: ====> Initialising
XENBUS|StoreProcessWatchEvent: 5599 (device/vif/0/state)
XENBUS|StoreProcessWatchEvent: 55af (device/vif/0/state)
XENVIF|FrontendSetXenbusState: device/vif/0: <==== Initialising
XENVIF|FrontendWaitForBackendXenbusStateChange:
/local/domain/2/backend/vif/14/0: ====> Closed
XENBUS|StoreProcessWatchEvent: 55b6
(/local/domain/2/backend/vif/14/0/state)
XENVIF|FrontendWaitForBackendXenbusStateChange:
/local/domain/2/backend/vif/14/0: <==== (InitWait)
XENBUS|StoreProcessWatchEvent: 55b7
(/local/domain/2/backend/vif/14/0/online)
XENVIF|FrontendPrepare: <====
XENVIF|FrontendSetState: device/vif/0 in state 'PREPARED'
XENVIF|FrontendConnect: ====>
XENVIF|FrontendSetNumQueues: 2
XENVIF|ReceiverConnect: ====>
XENBUS|CacheCreate: ====> (device_vif_0_queue-0_receiver_gnttab)
XENBUS|CacheCreate: <====
XENBUS|EvtchnOpen: 9
XENBUS|EvtchnBind: fail1 (c00000bb)
XENBUS|CacheCreate: ====> (device_vif_0_queue-1_receiver_gnttab)
XENBUS|CacheCreate: <====
XENBUS|EvtchnOpen: 10
XENBUS|EvtchnBind: fail1 (c00000bb)
XENVIF|ReceiverConnect: <====

EvtchnBind fails with STATUS_NOT_SUPPORTED and that's caused by
upcalls not being enabled on the processor. What can be the cause of
this? EvtchnInterruptEnable is being called but apparently
HvmSetEvtchnUpcallVector fails because I see no debug output that
should be present if it succeeds. I guess I should check the
hypervisor logs for any clues...

- --
RafaÅ WojdyÅa
Qubes Tools for Windows developer