Re: [win-pv-devel] Removing old glpv windows drivers to install new -> inaccessible boot device

  • To: ÃliÃs TamÃs <et@xxxxxxx>, "win-pv-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <win-pv-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Ben Chalmers <ben.chalmers@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 08:47:49 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, en-US
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 08:48:03 +0000

Your best bet is to boot with windows PE (Or mount the disk image and use a linux registry editor)

Then in the registry search user HKLM\system\currentcontrolset\control\class for XENFILT â every time you see it appearing in UpperFilters, remove it.

The go through the HKLM\system\currentcontrolset\services\xen* keys and set Start to 3

This should let you boot up.

Ben Chalmers