Re: [win-pv-devel] Signing new winpv drivers

Il 17/11/2015 10:51, Paul Durrant ha scritto:

Very glad to hear it all worked well. Thanks for the encouragement!

 Paul

From: John Jaser [mailto:john@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 16 November 2015 18:46
To: Paul Durrant; Fabio Fantoni
Cc: win-pv-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [win-pv-devel] Signing new winpv drivers

My test Win 10 system with 8.1.0.xx PV drivers just did the first large (non insider) upgrade since GA (build 10240) to build 10586, and I am happy to say, test signing remained honored, and the system upgraded normally. Very encouraging. Hats off to the PV dev team.

Few weeks ago I did another tests with latest insider build and it had maintained testsigning setting also on my domUs (I suppose was a windows bug of previous build now fixed), after windows upgrade the pv drivers was not working (used the emulated disks and network instead) but after a windows reboot pv device returned working. I hope that with signed drivers will remain enabled to avoid manual reboot when will be used in production and improving performance during windows upgrade (on low cost notebook was visibly faster than on domUs on server with better hardware, I suppose was for pv disabled during win upgrade)
Same with ovmf instead of seabios except the test with pv disks (without emulated one) where update always fails (tried 4 times total), I don't know if during windows upgrade testsigned drivers are always disabled or is a winpv unexpected case, I'll retry when signed drivers will be available.

I'll keep new winpv drivers tested, thanks to anyone works on them.