Re: [win-pv-devel] USB driver

On 12/16/2015 12:53 PM, Rich Persaud wrote:
On Dec 16, 2015, at 11:49, Paul Durrant <Paul.Durrant@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Rich Persaud [mailto:persaur@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 16 December 2015 16:47
To: Paul Durrant
Cc: Simon Martin; win-pv-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Ross Philipson
Subject: Re: [win-pv-devel] USB driver

On Dec 15, 2015, at 04:44, Paul Durrant <Paul.Durrant@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: win-pv-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:win-pv-devel-
bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Simon Martin
Sent: 15 December 2015 01:37
To: win-pv-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [win-pv-devel] USB driver

Hi all,

First mail to this list. I need to push USB hub devices through to a
Windows HVM. It seems that the USB driver in the old GPLPV drivers has
been deprecated so I am wondering how to achieve this.

Is anyone working on a PV USB driver?

Unfortunately I don't believe anyone is working on a PV USB driver. I would
certainly welcome it if someone did though...

OpenXT has a PV USB implementation for Windows and Linux.  There has
been some discussion about future OpenXT support for upstream PV drivers.
Development assistance with this migration would be helpful.

Rich,

Could you provide a URL for the code for the Windows driver?

Paul,

Here is the Windows driver code:

  https://github.com/OpenXT/xc-vusb
  https://github.com/OpenXT/xc-windows

dom0 policy daemon:

  https://openxt.atlassian.net/wiki/display/OD/vUSB+Daemon
  https://github.com/OpenXT/vusb-daemon

Rich

I will expand on what Rich has said. The OpenXT project currently contains the PV USB stack that originated in the Citrix XenClient Enterprise project and was open sourced in the over all open source effort making the former Citrix XenClient XT project into OpenXT.

The original pieces were the Xen usbback driver component and the Windows front end driver:

https://github.com/OpenXT/xenclient-oe/blob/master/recipes-kernel/linux/3.18/patches/usbback-base.patch

I then wrote a Linux front end for this:

https://github.com/OpenXT/pv-linux-drivers/tree/master/xc-vusb

--
Ross Philipson