Re: [win-pv-devel] Xen windows PV driver questions

Yes. The XenServer patches should not affect HCK testing in any way. The
XenProject drivers should pass logo tests without them.

> Wayne: XenServer branded drivers will not go into windows inbox plan? But
> XenServer already join in the windows update plan so that any windows PV
> driver update can go along with the standard windows update process? I am
> sorry to ask double confirm since your original answer seems conflict.

Getting drivers onto Windows Update is a pre-requisite to getting them in-box
as I understand it and XenServer has now made that step. If XenServer does
decide to pursue getting the drivers in-box though then that is a business
decision for Citrix to make and does not have any bearing on the open source
project.

> ==your original answer seems conflict===
> > > The XenServer branded drivers are currently live on Windows Update
> > > so if
> > you're VM has the appropriate PV device then these drivers will
> > download and install. XenProject branded drivers will not go onto Windows
> Update.

Remember that XenServer has branded builds of the Xen Project driver source and
it is those branded builds that are on Windows Update. The Xen Project branded
builds - i.e. those built by the upstream build VM - are not HCK tested and
therefore are not eligible for Windows Update.

Does that make more sense?

  Paul