Re: [win-pv-devel] Question - Change Win-driver from Gplpv to PV xennet driver

Hello,

The issue when removing the GPL drivers is the XenBus driver, which is flagged as critical by Windows and does not get uninstalled.  It has to be removed manually from the registry, in the services entries.

So; remove the GPL drivers, remove the XenBus entry in the registry (I was searching for the file name of the driver to be sure to catch it everywhere, which is xenpci.sys), reboot, then the new drivers can be installed.  Make sure that a restoration point is available in case something does not work, this way Windows can be restored to make it start again.

Best regards,
Dominic Russell
MSI Bureautique inc.