Re: Installing WinPV drivers on Windows 2019

Hi Steffan,

On 9/06/20 2:39 pm, Steffan Cline wrote:
My experience has shown that once the drivers are installed, you cannot upgrade them. I’ve tried so many different ways
with versions back to 8.0, I think, and it always ends up forcing me to rebuild the MBR and all kids of other things in Windows
I never wanted to learn. Even then there’s only a 20% chance I can make it work. I’ve just come to know that once
they’re installed, that’s it. Need new drivers, do a fresh build. Paul copied someone else from this list but I
don’t think I ever saw a response. I’ll have to search all my older emails.

That doesn't sound good. And also doesn't sound right, well, not for the 21st century at least :-)

I could successfully uninstall the 8.2.0 drivers and install the 8.2.2 (XCP-NG version) drivers though.

It is not really feasible to rebuild the 2019 server I'm referring to so we'll do everything to avoid that.

So far the XCP-NG drivers have not made much of a difference (compared to the old 8.2.0 drivers that have been working fine for years in Windows 2008) in terms of server reliability.

Jan