Re: Some release signing questions

Hi,

1. You need a reserved range if you ever intend to release via Windows Update, and only the reserved ID can be released via Windows Update.

2. I haven't run HLK tests on pure Xen driver builds, but have for XenServer patched builds (our patches are mainly XenServer specific modifications and those pending submission/approval). The process is relatively simple for the most part, though network and storage do require additional configuration and tests. The HLK has a downloadable playlist that limits the tests to only those required for submission.

After a submission is accepted, there is an option to download the complete signed package - this is MS signed and will install into non-testsigned OSs, and is all that is required if your distributing drivers yourself - there is an additional option to distribute via Windows Update, which needs to be restricted to your reserved device IDs.

Owen