RE: [Xen-API] Xen Management API draft

> Is it realistic to use XML-RPC for tasks such as resource monitoring?
> Seems like there should be an optional, lower-latency, lighter-weight
> mechanism to retrieve things such as host_cpu.utilisation,
> VBD.IO_bandwidth/incoming_kbs, etc.

The whole stats reporting interface certainly needs more thought.

However, I think it definitely should still use the xml-rpc interface,
we just need to 'cook' the raw data into something more directly useful
within xend so that there's no need to do high-rate polling on the API.
This might involve using something like rrdtool to generate averages
over different time scales etc.

Ian