Re: [Xen-API] Xen Management API draft

On Fri, Jun 23, 2006 at 09:42:05AM -0400, Mike D. Day wrote:

> Mike D. Day wrote:
> >Ewan Mellor wrote:
> >>Attached is a draft Xen Management API.  This document presents our
>
> One item I forgot in the previous email:
>
> The NIC field of the Network class should be a list (Set) so that we can
> signify NIC teaming. (Combining physical NICs in a single host interface
> to achieve greater bandwidth).

Is that better than specifying the NIC as "bond0" or whatever and relying on
out-of-band mechanisms to get the device bonding set up?  I'm worried that
simply specifying the NIC list is not going far enough, so actually what we
need to do is a) throw our hands up and say that we don't handle it or b)
put in an awful lot of network-related modelling.

I don't really know how much effort and complexity is involved in b).  Perhaps
someone who understands networking better than me can tell us how much
complexity you need before things start to be useful.

Ewan.