Re: [Xen-API] Few Questions About Xen management API

On Sun, Aug 13, 2006 at 07:41:56PM +0800, rickey berkeley wrote:

> Hi Ewan:
>
> Thanks so much for your particular explaination ! That's really helpful !
> And I try the c-bings from the wiki page, but seems that there are lot of
> unexpected
> problems. I konw this is not a stable version API, but can u help me find
> what's the reason cause these problems? I just wanna see the snap-shot of
> these test_bings.
> I list the my install steps for investigation.
> Thanks in advance!
>
> ============
>  Softwate Env
> ============
>
> Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux)
>
> gcc          version 4.1.0 20060304 (Red Hat 4.1.0-3)
> libxml2     libxml2-2.6.23-1.2
>                libxml2-python-2.6.23-1.2
>                 libxml2-devel-2.6.23-1.2
> curl          curl-devel-7.15.1-1.2.1
>                curl-7.15.1-1.2.1
> xen          3.0.2
> ============
>  Steps
> ============
> 1 make
> there are a lot of warnnings and make error

Yes, someone reported these on the list the other day.  They don't show up in
my older GCC, but they are bugs, none-the-less, and will be fixed in the next
release.  Just compile without the -Werror for now.

> 3 cp
>   cp hacked-XMLRPCServer.py
> /usr/lib/python/xen/xend/server/XMLRPCServer.py
> 4 start xend

I forgot to mention that you need to change your /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp, to
have the line

(xend-tcp-xmlrpc-server yes)

if it doesn't already.  You'll need to restart xend after changing that.

> 5 test_bindings failed
>
>    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=src
>   ./test/test_bindings localhost:8005/RPC2 root 123456

> :5: parser error : Opening and ending tag mismatch: META line 2 and HEAD
> </HEAD><BODY>

This isn't an XML-RPC response at all, it's HTML.  Either you're talking to
the Xend web-server, which normally runs on port 8000, not 8005, so you've
changed xend-port in the config file, or you're picking HTTP proxy settings
from your environment, and your proxy is sending back an error page.

Change back to (xend-port 8000) if you changed that, set
(xend-tcp-xmlrpc-server yes) if you haven't changed that, and try
export http_proxy= to get rid of the proxy settings.

HTH,

Ewan.