Re: [Xen-API] New API Document and C Bindings

Gareth Bestor wrote on 09/15/2006 10:04:46 AM:

> I'm kinda leaning towards what Dan is thinking - right now Dom0 is 'special' only
> because it is the one Domain given administrative control of all the host
> resources. But if this role is effectively farmed out to future drive and stub
> domains, and this ability can be added arbitrarily to *any* domain, then
> effectively any domain can assume the role of a (partial) management domain at any
> time, so we're basically left with a flat model - ie "all domains are created equal" :-)
>
> - Gareth

I don't think Dan and John are as far apart as Ewan's first proposal and Dan's/John's proposals. I think Dan and John are saying the same thing, but probably in two different languages / from two different perspectives.

If I'm wrong, someone please clarify the differences between Dan's and John's proposals from both a CIM and Xen API standpoint.

Thanks,
-Ron