Re: [Xen-API] Versions

On Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 11:25:48AM +0530, puneet midha wrote:

> hi,
>
> As is pointed out in the starting, one of the intention of Xen API project
> is to support third party GUI for remotely accessing  the xen,supporting
> many languages.I am trying to build a GUI in .NET for the xen as my
> academic project.But some points are still not clear even after going
> through all the mail archives and the api pdf.
> (1) Is 0.9 version of the xml rpc is released with xen 3.0.4 and when will
> the final version(1.0) will be released.

The version released with Xen 3.0.4 was more like 0.4 than 0.9.  There
have been a very large number of changes since then.  Version 1.0 will
be released with Xen 3.0.5.  This won't be the final version -- we will
continue to add new facilities to the API with each new release.
However, we will guarantee that Xen-API 1.0 will be supported by later versions
of Xen.

> (2) Will it support .NET,if i add xml rpc support to .net.

There are no .NET bindings for the API at the moment.  We have bindings
for C and Python, and so you will have a whole lot less work to do if
you use one of those languages.  Python is by far the easiest to use,
especially if you are prototyping.

> (3) Do i need to add some patches after installing xen 3.0.4 as after
> making changes in the configuration file the tcp xmlrpc server is not
> initialized.

You'd be a lot better off using xen-unstable at this point (or waiting
for Xen 3.0.5 if you'd prefer).  To enable the server on unstable, look
in xend-config.sxp -- there is a large comment about the new
xen-api-server configuration entry, which is the one you want.

Cheers,

Ewan.