Re: [Xen-API] XenAPI Java bindings

  • To: Stefan Berger <stefanb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Tom Wilkie <tom.wilkie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 17:48:24 +0100
  • Cc: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Xen-API <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 18 May 2007 09:46:36 -0700

On 18 May 2007, at 16:59, Stefan Berger wrote:

  wow, lots of work! This is great stuff.

Thanks ;-)

I have some comments related to the VM class and record:

- I tried to build a VM using a Record and litterally all parameters need to be provided so that the map does not contain any 'null's.Could the keys be checked for whether they are null before they are put into the HashMap for a VM. It's not absolutely necessary to provide all parameters such as for example PCI_bus to build a VM and providing a uuid seems not to be useful.

Fair call, it should really just require all the rw and ro_inst variables to be specified.

- In the VM record the parameter 'action_after_suspend' seems to be missing which prevents one to build a VM -- it seems to be a mandatory parameter.

Yeah, I think I need to toString() the enum, with some case conversion.

- the types for the actions_after_* parameters of a VM record need to be strings such as "destroy". It seems they are of type class.com.xensource.xenapi.Types$OnNormalExit which does not let one build a VM with it.

Yeah same problem as above I think.

Will get onto these on monday!

Cheers

Tom