[Xen-API] Live migration using libxen

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Gaurav Dhiman <dimanuec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 22:51:43 -0800
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 22:51:49 -0800

Hello All,

I am trying to write a program that does live migration of domains
dynamically. I am struggling to get the right parameters for the
libxen API for this purpose. I am using:

xen_vm_migrate(xen_session *session, xen_vm vm, char *dest, bool live,
xen_string_string_map *options)

I am having a hard time figuring out what would be the last parameter
to this function (options). Right now I am using
xen_string_string_map_alloc to allocate xen_string_string_map_alloc,
and am passing information on port, node and ssl using it. But for
some reason it fails and complains with the following error message:

"INTERNAL_ERROR an integer is required"

I am not sure why this error message is coming since the "options"
variable is a mapping of string to string. I find no example of this
anywhere in either the test programs nor the documentation. Any inputs
would be valuable!

Thanks in advance,
-Gaurav