Re: [Xen-devel] release of 'xapi' toolstack

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 10:30 AM, Dave Scott <Dave.Scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are pleased to announce the open-sourcing of the 'xapi' toolstack
> -- as used in the Citrix XenServer product line. The xapi toolstack is
> licensed under the LGPL v2.1 with a special static linking exception. The
> toolstack:

This is great that Citrix is open sourcing this code... Thanks for that!

Some questions...
  o Are there any high level READMEs for what is in what directories
     for the two repos?

  o What has not been open sourced? i.e. after a brief look, I didn't
     see the VHD code...  But I could have missed it...

  o Now that there are two tool stacks, are there any short term
     and long term thoughts, plans, roadmaps, etc...

  o I noticed there are a fair amount of Xen and qemu patches.. I
     see that some are toolset specific and some are not..  Are there any
     plans to start rolling these into unstable and a a few of them into 3.4?
     (I realize this takes a lot of work and time).

Thanks,

MRJ