RE: [Xen-API] How Pygrub work on VHD

Thanks for your quick response,

my understanding is driver (maybe in user space) behind /dev/xvda
translates raw disk image format to VHD image format on demand, when
pygrub works on /dev/xvda

What I'm doing is,

1. Create a lvm vdi on iscsi SR,
2. dd a vhd file to this vdi,
3. attach this vdi to a (empty)PV vm as device 0(vbd),
4. mark this vbd bootable,
5. then start this vm

There are errors, it complains, /dev/xvda is not a disk image,

I suspect xapi takes this vdi disk as a raw disk image,

how can I tell xapi this vdi is vhd format?
Does this works by dding vhd file to a lvm logical volume on iscsi SR?

Thanks,
- Anthony